Yes, we love bananas in our home! But I think you already knew that.
A few weeks ago I decided to try Paula Dean's banana pudding recipe. I Heart You had a link to it.
If you know Paula Dean, you know she loves butter and surprisingly this recipe doesn't even call for butter...
...that is if you don't count the butter cookies she uses.
I totally recommend this if you are looking for a fast and yummy dessert to bring somewhere.
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies (they look like chess pieces)
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced (I used a little less)
- 2 cups milk (for the pudding)
- 1 (5-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream (I used about half this and it still worked)
Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.