- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into a fine ¼" dice
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into a fine ¼" dice
- 2 - 3 cups frozen/fresh kale
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (more if you like it spicy)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- fried or over-easy eggs
- Heat 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the finely diced sweet potatoes, onions, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and season with salt pepper. Add in red bell pepper.
- Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are cooked through and tender, about 15-18 minutes.
- If using frozen kale, heat it according to package directions, then wrap kale in a couple paper towels and wring out any excess moisture. If using fresh kale, remove ribs and stems and roughly chop leaves.
- Add kale into the skillet approximately during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Taste the hash and season with additional salt or pepper if needed.
- As the hash is finishing up cooking, make eggs how you like.
- Divide the hash among four plates, topping each with an egg. Sprinkle the egg with some freshly ground pepper, and enjoy immediately!